Saturday, August 28, 2010

Bird Droppings.

People always say that when a birdie leaves a little gift on your shoulder you should consider it a sign of good luck. I wonder what people would say to this?........

For years, I've had this wrought iron birdcage connected to a chain that hangs from my ceiling above my bed. It's seriously been there for years, (at least a decade) and it's always been a staple item in my bedroom. Well, the other night, I fell asleep pretty much as soon as my head hit the pillow. I was EXHAUSTED after a long, long day of class and work, and I literally don't even remember if I had set my alarm or not. But that was okay because at 4 in the morning, I was rudely awakened when all of a sudden, something hard and heavy fell on my head. I was so disoriented, all I could do was freak out and get in a fist fight with my sheets and this object that had fallen from the sky. Then, naturally, I assumed that I was being bludgeoned to death by the Fist of God. Just like any normal person would, of course.

After much swearing and stumbling for my light-switch, it turned out that my damn birdcage had somehow unbolted itself from my ceiling and decided to crash-land squarely where my head was resting. Awesome. Really awesome.


You can run, but you can't hide...

Thank God I sleep on my stomach, because the lump on the back of my neck probably wouldn't have looked so hot on my lip. Now I have to figure out how to replace the newly-vacated area with something that won't try to kill me in the middle of the night. Hanging fluffy, non-lethal cloud by fishing wire?..... Perhaps.

Oh yeah, and when I finally managed to crawl back into bed, I remembered to set my alarm... Aren't I "lucky?"

No comments:

Post a Comment