Reason #1. I miss sitting around and talking for 3+ hours for every meal. People just don't do that here.
2. I miss having Konstantine order our meals for us. Now when sitting at a restaurant, I am overcome with a sense of dread from my impending decision making.
3. I miss the dry heat. Oklahoma really sucks in the summer/always. Humidity is the bane of my existence.
4. I miss the tour bus. I slept so hard on that thing, it was like mobile Ambien. I'm like a case-study for insomnia now that I'm home. I also miss the parties in the back of that bus.
5. I miss counting the times a day in which John would find an excuse to take his shirt off.
6. I miss walking into a Church and literally not being able to speak. I couldn't describe the things I saw if I tried.
7. I miss laughing all day 'til my cheeks hurt. Every other thing out of everyone's mouths was hilarious.
8. I miss imagining what kinds of adventures the twins were getting themselves into.
9. I miss the sea. The closest I get to the sea here is when I fill my sink with water to wash my face.
10. I miss Father Chris' Greek language lessons... Particularly his lesson on
11. I miss the bartenders loving me. I forgot how expensive the bars here are.... Especially when you don't get 4 rounds of shots or 3 bottles of wine on the house.
12. I miss Helen's impromptu dance lessons and Sophia's turtle stories. Both are equally entertaining.
*Note: No photograph could do either of these things justice.
13. I miss the whitewashed campgrounds. Everything was so simple and so quintessentially Greek.
14. I miss seeing something that impacted my faith every single day whether it be a relic, an icon, a Holy Mountain, or even just a chat in the woods.
15. I miss everyone. The 17 best friends that anyone ever had.