Monday, September 6, 2010

Like Mother, Like Daughter

I don't know about you, but my Labor day weekend was pretty fun. Well, maybe fun isn't the word... Relaxing, maybe? Yesterday, I stayed in my jammies all day and today I got out of the house a bit. The bestie and I took her baby cousins to the pool, and then we had a mommy-daughter double date.

Not too many people are lucky enough to say they have a great Mom. And most people definitely can't attest to having two great moms.... (No, not like that.)

Kate's mom is practically a second mother to me. In fact, I'm sure that even Kate would agree that she likes me more at times. Tonight was great. I really loved sitting around and listening to the moms talk up a storm. Kate and I would just sit there and shoot knowing glances at each other every time a funny or incriminating story came up. Which was often, might I add.

It's good to know I have a set of parents who love and adore me despite my mistakes.... And another set of adopted parents that would be willing to bail me of of jail if those mistakes were too much for the real rents.

But really, maybe one day Kate and I will be sitting around with our daughters (or my stand in child that I picked up off the street, and paid $20 to look cute and play nice) doing the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment